Education brings knowledge and skills. Exams are conducted to test the knowledge and skills through various techniques. Education makes a human more sensible and logical towards a problem. By Education, one can get better jobs. One of the sectors that attract many people in the banking sector. Banking is considered as a lucrative career option and is considered as a white collar Job. Banking is considered as the major contributor in the sector of Indian Economy. As of now, there is an expansion of banking by the government. It is focusing on providing banking facilities in every village and town. So, branches of the banks are being opened in every part of the country. As the sector is growing very fast, it needs man-power at every level.
Career Growth as a Bank PO
Recruitment of Bank POs is purely merit-based. People who secure the marks more than the cutoff are selected for this position. The exam usually tests the candidate on various skills such as Aptitude, English etc. Public Sector Banking has become an option for the educated class because in current times comes with the promise of attractive salary, perks, fast growth, job security, and good work-life balance. Recruitment of a PO is done in a three steps process. The first phase is the written test. A second round is the mains exam and the third step is the interview round. Candidates who have cleared the first two rounds are eligible for the interview round. After getting selected in these three rounds, a merit list is announced based on the candidate’s performance. Probationary Officers (POs) into IBPS banks are recruited every year through a Common Written Examination, commonly known as the IBPS PO exam.
- Probation period, which is for 2 years, a person is trained to perform any kind of bank related activity.
- During this period, officers are trained in the fields of marketing, accounting, billing and finance.
- They join as an assistant bank manager and helps to solve customer problem involving Cheque books, ATM cards, Demand Drafts etc.
- They are also responsible for providing loans and managing the entire documentation process and supervise the work of Bank Clerks such as checking cash transactions, cash management, account opening, dealing with customers etc.
IBPS PO Eligibility is as follows:
- The eligibility criteria for the exam is a graduation degree in any discipline and from a University recognized by the Government of India.
- Candidate must have a sound knowledge of Computer.
- Verbal and written proficiency in the official language of the State/UT is desirable for a candidate to give better performance.
- Candidate applying for the PO exam must be a Citizen of India or a Subject of Bhutan or Nepal.
- Any candidate who is applying for the examination should not be less than 20 years of age and not more than 30 years of age.
The Starting Basic Salary of Bank Probationary Officer (PO) in PSU banks is approximately Rs. 25,000. It is decided by banks management body named as Indian Banks Association (IBA) and all banks employees. Facilities such as leased House Accommodation or House Rent Allowance (HRA) is given according to the area being allocated to the PO. There are many other benefits that are being provided.